Tuesday, January 18, 2011

Face It

Face masks are a popular item here at Chez Wilson. Having just recently been discharged from a soap/cosmetic/beauty store, I am now a fanatic believer in the benefits of slathering gunk all over my face. Especially if that gunk is 100% vegan and non-animal tested. Smearing layers of plant byproduct on my face is great for two reasons. First, it just feels good. It's like being a kid all over again getting to play with "icky" things. Two, I think it makes my skin nicer?

So my dear friend Dave was visiting me for a week and I had just gotten a NEW face mask variety. Being a boy, Dave has been denied many of the pleasures of excessive self-love in the cosmetic department. I categorically insisted that he do a face mask with me and I think even he will attest that it was A) fun and B) it felt good. Observe:




Is the joy not palpable? I have recently fully embraced my female-ness which, many of your smart cookies may know, is a challenging process since female-hood is so often confused and "rewarded" with the unsatisfying gifts of "girliness." In any event, face masks are fun because they kind of make you look like a zombie. 

No comments:

Post a Comment